Building a New Workforce
The THA is passionate about communicating the benefits of working in the hospitality industry and has a fleet of youthful, engaging Hospitality professionals in all regions of Tasmania, that have their own unique and inspiring story as to how they embarked on a career in the Hospitality industry.
Many industry people do not realise the power their career story can have in inspiring students and others to consider a career in industry.
The key points that they would cover when speaking with students are:
- Positive & negative aspects of hospitality careers – relate your experiences and how you coped
- Range of pathways and job types available in the industry
- Employer expectations of those working in the industry
In talking with students and others, Ambassadors will be honest and enthusiastic about what it really takes to be in the exciting, fast paced hospitality environment:
- Resilience – some times in the heat of service there will be times of great demand from customers and other employees
- Commitment – Be committed to giving the customer the greatest experience you can. Customers can be very demanding but they pay the bills and your wages, commit to being as committed as you need to be.
- Stamina- long days on your feet pouring drinks, taking and delivering orders, making up rooms, preparing and cooking, all these activities will test your fitness, be prepared and manage your workloads.
- Passion- to see you through the pressure times when you have been working hard
If you are interested or require further information, and would like someone to come out to speak with you regarding either one of our Ambassadors Programs or A Taste of Hospitality program, please contact Peter Handy 0404 031 004 & email@example.com